We are looking for a compassionate, respectful, and caring mental health aide/behavioral health technician to join our growing team of caregivers. As a health aide for our agency, you will provide essential services to patients. Our ideal candidate is patient, independent, and self-sufficient, who enjoys taking care of others.
Mental Health Aides assist with the treatment of patients who have post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, anxiety, mental instability and physical and emotional abuse. Duties include recording patient behavior, providing a safe and supportive environment for the patients, crisis intervention, assistance with medications and assistance in daily activities, whether therapeutic or recreational.
Overnight shifts are required for this position.
- Preference will be given to candidates with certification from a recognized Behavioral Health Technician program or an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in health administration, medical assisting, nursing, psychology, or a related field
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills
- High School Education required
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSENES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must provide proof of private vehicle insurance.
- Must have or obtain required training for the position.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency in basic computer skills, operation and experience with keyboarding.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Must be able to present a positive working environment.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people in a positive manner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- The employee may have to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability