Internship in the Florida Keys!
Great opportunity for graduate students or limited licensed individuals looking for hands on clinical experience in outpatient mental health. Supervision provided along with on-site trauma training. This position will provide treatment and counseling to those in need. The successful candidate for this is professional, compassionate, and experienced with a strong ability to care for others.
We are offering 6-month housing in Key Largo, FL (you are responsible to cover the cost of all utilities – Limited space available)
- Graduate Level Degree or higher in mental health or currently enroll in graduate program focusing on counseling, psychology or social work.
- Valid FL Driver’s License and Proof of Automobile Insurance
- Background Fingerprint Clearance
- TB Clearance
- Drug Test Clearance
- Ability to read and write English and to communicate at the level required for successful job performance.
Essential Job Duties:
- Direct service treatment, including diagnostic (intakes), crisis intervention, and ongoing treatment (individual, family, and group).
- Caseload management: information/referral advocacy.
- Team accountability and responsibilities along with project supervisors, students, other divisions, and administrative staff.
- Generation and implementation of Treatment Plans, Utilization Review, and other case planning activities.
- Participation and presentation at case review/disposition, case consultation, and clinic meetings.
- Assisting in program start-up activities and subsequent (ongoing) statistical and recording.
- Twenty-four-hour telephone crisis consultation availability. Available some Saturdays (presentations, emergency case situations).
- Punctual and Regular Attendance
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and switch tasks quickly.
- Ability to use good judgment in sensitive situations and maintain confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned and necessary
Report to: Clinical Supervisor
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship
Pay: $43,000.00 – $63,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Key Largo, FL 33037: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Work Location: In person